Sale agreed - subject to survey
• 40ft Narrowboat, built in 1994 by Marque Narrowboats in great condition
• Traditional stern
• Traditional exterior paint and signwriting
• Modern interior with plenty of storage
• Hull blacked July 2019
• BSS until 2022
• 300W Solar panel (with MPPT charge controller)
• Heated via multi-fuel stove and/or gas boiler
• Pump-out toilet (new tank 2020)
Enter through the double doors at the Bow. Amanda comes with a black cratch cover. The well-deck was repainted in August 2019.
The open saloon layout is great for relaxing and having friends over for dinner.
There is plenty of concealed storage by the main doors and underneath the sofa. The large sofa, recently reupholstered, folds out to become a double bed for guests. Making the most of the space, there is also a sturdy fold-out coffee and dinner table (as pictured).
The solid-fuel stove has been well maintained and includes a back-boiler, which heats the large radiator in the bedroom, keeping you snug on even the coldest night.
From the saloon through to the engine room, the boat has been painted in a light and bright colour scheme. Custom made Orla Kiely curtains are hung on simple, solid-brass curtain rails. Brass-finish 12V LED spotlights have been fitted throughout the boat, filling it with warm white light. A new dark grey carpet was fitted in 2020.
The kitchen includes a Shoreline 12volt Fridge Freezer, Smev Gas oven and grill, and a gas hob. The Houdini hatch in the roof above the kitchen allows plenty of light into the boat. 12- and 240-V sockets are fitted throughout.
Moving past the kitchen, you’ll find the side-hatch opposite the bathroom door. The boat comes with a custom fit window, which can be inserted into the opened side hatch.
The bathroom comes equipped with a shower, with shower-bath mixer taps. The sink sits on top of a spacious storage unit. Amanda is fitted with a pump-out toilet, for which a new black water tank was fitted in 2020. The bathroom has been painted cream, to keep it bright and airy. Hot water can be heated via the calorifier (heated via the engine) or by the Alde gas boiler (which can also be used for central heating).
The bedroom features a fold-away double bed, with ample storage below. Built-in cupboards provide additional storage. The three porthole windows give the bedroom as cosy feel, and come with porthole bungs, which can be used for privacy and to block-out light. 12V sockets are installed either side of the bed, as well as a double 240V socket.
The engine room is located at the stern of the boat and houses a Field Marine (Mitsubishi) FMK3D engine. The engine has been regularly serviced every 6-9 months. This room also houses the MPPT charge controller for the 300W solar panel, and a 300W Victron inverter. The boat is fitted with 1x 110Ah starter battery (replaced August 2019) and 2x110Ah leisure batteries (replaced June 2017). The boat comes with a full set of fenders, barge pole, mooring pins, chains/nappy pins, two windlasses, shoreline power leads, and a 14kg anchor (with chain, rope and fittings).
Amanda has traditional paintwork and signwriting. She was last blacked in summer 2019, and her BSS runs until summer 2022. A 300W monocrystalline solar panel has been fitted atop a useful roof storage box. There is also plenty of space on the roof for flowers or growing vegetables, and it’s a great place to relax with friends, whilst taking in the canal and river views.
About the owners
We bought the boat in early 2017 and have lived aboard as continuous cruisers in London for the last three years. We recently brought Amanda onto the beautiful Kennet and Avon canal, where we are currently keeping her near Bath. We are reluctantly selling Amanda as we are moving away from the canal network.
We’ve found that ‘Amanda’ has been small but perfectly formed. She’s got huge amounts of storage, a really practical layout and she’s small enough to fit in almost any mooring spot, even on the most popular bits of the canal. At the moment, Amanda is based on the Kennet and Avon canal, near Bath. We’ll be sorry to move back onto dry land, but hope that Amanda’s next owners will enjoy her as much as we did.
• 40ft traditional stern narrowboat built in 1994 by Marque Narrowboats • Hull last blacked in July 2019 (with new anodes).
• Boat Safety Certificate valid until 2022
• Field Marine (Mitsubishi) FMK3D engine, serviced every 6-9 months (keel cooled)
• 300W monocrystalline solar power with MPPT charge controller (fitted 2017) • 12v shoreline fridge freezer (new in 2017)
• 2x110Ah leisure batteries (replaced 2017)
• 1x110Ah starter battery (replaced 2019)
• Victron 300W inverter • 12V & 240V sockets throughout
• Pump-out toilet (new tank fitted 2020)
• Villager Puffin multi-fuel stove (with back boiler)
• Alde gas central heating
• Calorifier (connected to engine cooling system)
• Approx. 500L water tank
• Jabsco ParMax 3 water pump (replaced 2018)
• Whale gulper shower drain pump
• Three ring gas hob and Smev gas oven/gill
• 12V push spotlight lighting throughout (fitted 2018)
• Side hatch and Houdini hatch
• Comes with 14kg Danforth anchor (new in 2020)
Survey: ‘Amanda’ received a full survey in January 2017. Survey available on request.
|Model:||40 Trad Stern|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||40'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.