|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
London and Thames Buckinghamshire UK|
A truly unique opportunity to own Daedalus, a one off craftsman built 67ft narrow boat.
Based on Yarwoods “large Northwich” plans. With its double curvature bow and tunnelled swim Daedalus is quite simply a work of art. With a long raised tug deck and low lines she’s turns heads where ever she goes.
I've uploaded a video to better show the interior of the boat after several questions on the layout.
Combining the best of tradition with a thoroughly modern interior, it’s been our home for the past eight years. The boat has been fully insulated and has double glazing to ensure optimal living conditions throughout the year. With beautiful handcrafted windows down the length of the boat and dual double glassed Houdini roof hatches situated on the roof line down the main cabin, there is an abundance of light providing a spacious and airy feel. Towards the front of the cabin situated on the left hand side are a set of bifold doors and sliding roof that provides easy and convenient access to the front deck of the boat.
From induction hob cooking, full sized oven, wi-fi, surround sound & entertainment system this boat is fitted out for comfortable (luxurious) long term cruising.
Constructed with 16mm base plate and 8mm sides and powered by a fully reconditioned vintage Gardener 4L2 this is a heavy boat and is as capable on the tidal rivers and estuaries as it is on the cut.
The boat comprises of:
• Rope locker storage
• Tug sun deck area with two folding seats enough space to Pic knick comfortably with 6 people.
• Deck hold, fitted with gas strut for easy operation, houses an 850L stainless steel water tank, Vetus 3.5kw bow thruster with dedicated power supply, room for three bikes.
• A Bedroom at the bow, with fixed king sized bed. Wardrobe and drawers
• The lounge has a sofa opposite a Morso Squirrel stove with stainless flue.. The entertainment system is included in the sale and comprises a LCD TV with both satellite, freeview and fire-stick, audio with surround sound speakers and sub woofer. USB charging socket.
• A modern kitchen has plenty of cupboard storage with a good sized work surface, complete with inset stainless steel sink. A 24volt fridge. High quality four ring induction hob and AEG electric oven. High intensity LED lighting provides a nice bright cooking area. -A dining table and chairs which can easily be folded away.
• A super bathroom with bath and shower above, large sink and Dometic porcelain cassette toilet.
• Washing machine with storage cupboard above.
• Engine room housing the vintage Gardner, Stirling inverter,100L stainless steel hot water cylinder and oil central heating boiler. Excellent drying area with enough room for a washing machine load!
• Boatman's cabin with range stove, cross double bed and ample storage.
Hull and deck are two pack epoxied (refreshed 2019)
8xTrojan T125ah batteries
2xdedicated starter batteries
Sterling Pro Combi 2.5kw inverter charger
Bubble 230 boat diesel central heating boiler
Parsons HG2 hydraulic gearbox
Deep See Seal prop shaft
21 x 12 equipoise prop cast in nickel aluminium bronze
We also have engine spares we bought just in case but have not required. These include a crankshaft and set of main bearings and a cylinder head. We don’t think you’ll ever need them but we’re happy to include these with the sale.
|Vessel type:||Tug style narrow boat|
|Designer:||Based Yarwoods Large Northwich|
|Builder:||P & S Roberts|
|Fit Out:||P & S Roberts|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Gardner 4l2|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||67'|
|Hull type:||flat bottom|
|Displacement:||25 metric tons|
|Dry Weight:||24 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||550 Litres|
|Water capacity:||850 Litres|